Thursday, December 31, 2009

Gamasutra's Top Games of the Decade

Gamasutra.com has named their top 12 games of the past decade. An interesting read. If you haven't played these games, I suggest you do (although, there are some I haven't played either).

Overall, looks like a good list to me. I am a bit sad to see Halo make the top list, though. And the fanboy in me wishes KotOR was on there. Oh well, there have been so many good games this decade that you can't possibly fit them all on a top 10 list.

They also posted an honorable mentions list. Glad to see Katamari, BioShock and Puzzle Quest all make the cut. And thrilled to see Vagrant Story on there since it's so often overlooked.

Most of my favorite games of the decade were on the honorable mentions list rather than on the top 10. But this whole thing reminded me how far behind I am with my gaming nowadays... (which happens when all of your consoles start breaking)

UPDATE: Did want to specify, these lists were compiled by gamasutra but the votes came from readers.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home