Sunday, August 16, 2009

Free Realms Create a Card

I get the impression this is a fairly new feature to Free Realms because it's the first I've seen of it, but I may be wrong. I just jumped in and started exploring it for the first time today either way. Anyway...

So in the Free Realms online card game, you can create a card of your character. Yep, your character. Your picture. Your name. Your selected job class. Everything! You get to choose between all of the job classes and equipment that you have in Free Realms and then you can choose the abilities for your card. Each job class has unique abilities associated with it, and the higher level you are, the more powerful your card will be.


The fact that they have this feature open for players is pretty cool, but the most interesting part is that you can order real-world print versions of your card. Then you can play with YOUR character in the real world. And on top of that, you'll get a code to redeem a virtual version of your card in the online card game, so you can battle your friends with your own unique card.


The first thing that probably comes to mind is "aren't players going to just make their characters really, really strong, which will destroy the balance of the game?". That's a valid concern, but because the player can only choose from a list of pre-selected stats and abilities for their cards, it's a non-issue.


Very, very cool feature if you ask me. I went ahead and created a card of my character (as a Wizard) and ordered a real world card. While I am starting to build up a decent sized collection of the physical cards, I don't really play it. But I do play the virtual card game enough that I'm excited to add my personal character to my collection. And most exciting of all, I can't wait to have a real-world collectible card of myself to show off!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home