Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ponyo

So I just got back from seeing Ponyo at the theatre. If you aren't familiar with it, Ponyo is the latest animated film from Disney and Studio Ghibli. And if you aren't familiar with Ghibli, they're responsible for animated movies like Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, Nausica, and Princess Mononoke.

Ponyo wasn't exactly my cup of tea... it was much more like Kiki's Delivery Service than it was like my personal favorite Ghibli film, Princess Mononoke. However, it was a cute, high quality animated film. Probably better for the young ones, though.


My opinion? Better than Porco Rosso (which I couldn't even sit through) or Kiki's Delivery Service, but far inferior to Princess Mononoke (no shame there, though, most films are) and Spirited Away.



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home