Sunday, June 14, 2009

MagiQuest Visit

So, there's this place called MagiQuest...

I first heard of it during a gaming conference in Atlanta and it sort of grabbed my interest. Although, I have to admit I thought it looked a bit silly. Well, we were heading to Myrtle Beach this weekend and it turns out there is a MagiQuest location there, so I decided to stop and check it out.

I'll be honest, it was pretty fun. It allows you to take on the role of a Magi, weilding a magic wand and questing throughout a fantasy land in order to earn the power of the magical runes. You visit a quest kiosk of sort to learn information about your quest, check your quest status, or to start/cancel a quest. From there, you explore MagiQuest in search of gold, strange creatures, and hidden objects.

Yep, I'm sure you think it sound silly... but it's a lot of fun.

The prices are a little bit steep, but that's because you have to pay the price of the questing and the price of the wand. Once you've gone your first time, you never have to purchase the wand again.

You can also purchase wand toppers that grant your wand special abilities. And your wand will actually record the details of your adventure, so if you go back at a later date, you can start where you left off or review how much experience you have gained or gold you've collected.

Sure, it might be a little bit better for kids. But for a fantasy nerd like myself who really is still a kid at heart, it was a blast. I'm just disappointed that there aren't any locations closer to me because I'd like to go back and finish a few more quests.

Check it out!

http://www.magiquest.com/home.html

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home