Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Alien RPG Canceled

Sega and Obsidian have officially announced that their Aliens RPG has been canceled. Rumors of the cancellation had been floating around for a while and the news was confirmed yesterday.

However, Sega plans to continue working on the Aliens franchise, including a new Alien vs. Predator game in the near future. Sega acquired the Alien license from Twentieth Centruy Fox in December, 2006.

The developers of the canceleld Alien RPG, Obsidian, are responsible for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II and are currently working with Bethesda on Fallout: New Vegas.

I have to be honest, when the Alien RPG was first announced I was interested. I like the Alien movies (well, not Resurrection) and I like RPGs. Combine the two? Hopefully even better. But there hasn't been much news or hype of it at all and I sort of forgot the game had ever been announced. I'm still waiting on a GOOD Alien RTS... they seem to have all the ingredients for it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home