Saturday, October 18, 2008

Garden Party

As I mentioned a few posts back, I've been spending a lot of time exploring virtual worlds for kids. My all-time favorite was Virtual Magic Kingdom, but anyone who is familiar with it knows that Disney closed it down last summer. It was a really sad time...

Anyway, since the closing of VMK, I'd been looking for a new virtual world to call home. I've tried all sorts of worlds, like Habbo Hotel, Club Penguin, Kaneva, Build-a-Bearville, and many more. Not too long ago I came across Garden Party, which has become my new favorite.


If you've got young kids (or you're a young kid at heart), Garden Party is just perfect! The Mods are very approachable, the world is beautiful, there are plenty of neat mini games (including some educational ones for the children!), there's a safe chat filter, overall it's just tons of fun!

While a game about gardening might not sound like a lot of fun, you'll likely enjoy growing plants in order to obtain unique in game items and apparel. Most exciting of all, you never really know what kind of items you might grow, so you'll often find yourself surprised.

My only concern is with a bit of the Moderation features (I'm not sure how much chat moderation there really is) and a few bugs here and there. However, it's still in the early days of Beta and surely deserves a chance!




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home