Friday, November 16, 2007

I am Beowulf!!!

So the all-new film Beowulf hit theaters today, and of course, I've already gone out and seen it.

Beowulf is a classic tale of heroism, so chances are everyone out there is already somewhat familiar with it. Of course, it had been so long since I read it that I honestly didn't remember some of the finer details very well. Regardless, Beowulf didn't seem to follow the original story very well and the changes that were made were not for the better. In the end, it made the hero Beowulf lose some honor and it turned Grendel's mother into something totally unlike the beast I remember reading about.

Not to mention, the monster Grendel was just awfully annoying. Seriously, I was sooo glad when he finally died.

Still, there are some cool battle sequences to behold and the animation is very well done. And while it might not be particularly true to the original, fantasy fans will appreciate the new telling of this beloved epic.

Go see it if you like fantasy battles, but don't have high expectations.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home