Friday, August 10, 2007

Stardust - To see or not to see?

So, the new fantasy film, Stardust, opened in theaters today. Being the huge nerd that I am, I made sure to see it.

I'm a big movie fan, so I'll go and see just about anything. However, I was pleasantly surprised by Stardust. It's a lighthearted, fairly tale adventure that perfectly blends action, colorful characters, traditional fantasy, and humor. It's a film that can be enjoyed by both young and old alike, and should appeal to pretty much anybody. Children will love the fairytale story, girls will like the romance, and nerds like me just like fantasy.

The movie reminded me a little bit of The Princess Bride in the sense that it was a Comedy/Fantasy/Love story, and of course we all know that The Princess Bride is great! On a side note, Robert De Niro's character was hilarious and added plenty of laughs along the journey.

I know it might look a little bit silly and at times it's a tad predictable, but take it for what it is and give it a chance and I'm sure you'll be pleased! It definitely has my recommendation.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home